Decluttering is good for you

I had such a busy week. I got to spend my Saturday at home n without the kids at tutorials. Lucky me! I never usually miss a footy day, but sometimes you just have to take some time out. I put the day to good use though (although I did catch up on KLE college Reunion special that I had shhh!) and used the time to get my house (and in turn my thoughts) back in order.

For me, a good clean up and putting things back in their place gets my mind back on track. I usually can’t sit to answer emails, or work on websites, or clients until all the chaos over my shoulder is sorted. I knew I had a lot of “stuff” to attend to on my computer, but first my house needed to be sorted. Do you do that too?? My girlfriend has had a lot on her plate recently too and on Thursday night she couldn’t go to bed until things in her house were back in order and chaos and mess was under control. I hear ya I said!

Yesterday I had about 8 hours without any interruptions and I hit the ground running! I did my usual making of the beds, cleaned up the office and my bike first.

The things which i sorted out:

The washing. I didn’t stop until every single item was washed, hung out and brought back in. I put it all away and left nothing. I know it will all be back again today though haha!I watered all my plants, threw out all old cuttings, refreshed the water in vases.I vacuumed under the lounges. Ewwww.I cleaned out the toiletries drawer and threw away anything with a dribble left.I cleaned out my pantry. I took the bin in there, used a step ladder, and starting culling. My walk-in-pantry is a big storage room with school notes, old vases, mail, food… you name it!I wiped over my office. A dirty office feels like bad feng shui and bad vibes to me. So I try to keep it clean and smelling fresh (I am crazy I know haha!).I dusted surfaces and cleaned my mirrors.I washed my cushions on the main lounge we all sit on.

It felt a million bucks later that day when I had control over things again.

So, there you go! Decluttering and cleaning is good for the mind. The family returned with their smelly footy clothes, but I was ready to tackle that load of washing and feed them a huge pot of curried chilli peppered chicken. I was then in bed at 10pm and asleep by 11pm! What a wild Saturday night for me haha!

How do you feel about decluttering and organising??

Post a Comment

0 Comments